There is one weather hotline number for the entire district, with menu options for specific geographic areas of the District. On bad weather days, the weather lines will be updated by 5:00 a.m.
You can book mark www.dcsdk12.org for easy access to the most current and accurate schedule information for the school. Weather related schedule changes will be posted to the District website by 5:00 a.m.
Schedule changes by geographic areas will be reported on local television and radio stations. Only exceptions to normal schedules will be announced. If our area is not mentioned, our school is operating on a regular schedule. Media announcements will begin on the 5:00 a.m. news broadcasts.
On a delayed schedule, school will start 90 minutes later than the normal start time. However, all staff will need to be at the school on time.
- The weather hotline number: 303-387-SNOW (7669)
- The District Internet address: www.dcsdk12.org
- Area designation: Challenge to Excellence is in the Chaparral Feeder Area
- Text Alerts: (NEW!) please go to Channel 7 or Channel 4 to sign up to receive text alerts on school closings/delays!!
- Twitter: Although not a guarantee, DCSD utilizes Twitter much like Challenge to Excellence Charter School to keep families up to date. Click the button to join and begin receiving important updates from both C2E and DCSD including weather, lightning dismissal, nutrition services information, and much more!