Debbie Smith MS RN School Nurse Consultant
cell 303-519-3912 (best)
office at Legend High School 303-387-4538.
Please contact me with any questions or concerns regarding your child's health.
The Mission of Health Services is to enhance learning by promoting health, wellness and safety through advocacy, collaboration and education.
What does the school nurse consultant do?
* identify students who have health problems
* collaborate with parents, health care providers, teachers and other school staff to make sure everyone knows how to care for students with health problems while they are at school
* consult with staff on students on IEP's or 504 plans
* vision and hearing screening each year
Medications at school-
- Any and all medications that a student needs to take during the school day requires proper paperwork. This includes a Medication Release form signed by the parent and physician. Medications include both prescription medications and over-the-counter medications.
- C2E prefers that all medications be kept in the health office and dispensed from the health office. Student are not allowed to carry any medications in their backpack or pocket ! Individual cases for self-carry of meds are considered.